Berry Salsa with Cinnamon Chips
Servings and Ingredients
|1 (6 oz) pkg fresh raspberries|
|1 pt. (2 c.) fresh strawberries, stems removed, then quartered|
|2 kiwi, peeled and diced|
|1 Golden Delicious apple, peeled (if desired, but leaving peel on retains more healthy fiber) and diced|
|2 tbsp. Hy-Vee strawberry preserves|
|6 multigrain fajita-style Hy-Vee tortillas with Omega-3|
|Olive oil pan spray|
|¼ c. cinnamon sugar (1/4 c. sugar plus 1 tbsp cinnamon)|
- In a large bowl, combine raspberries, strawberries, kiwi, apple and strawberry preserves. Cover and chill for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray one side of each multigrain tortilla with olive oil spray to coat lightly. Transfer sprayed tortilla to cutting board and cut into “chip-sized” wedges with a pizza cutter or scissors, then arrange in a single layer on baking sheet(s). Sprinkle wedges lightly with cinnamon sugar mixture. Spray lightly again to help the sugar stick.
- Bake 8 to 12 minutes or until crispy but not overly brown. Remove baking sheet(s) from the oven and allow chips to cool, about 15 minutes.
- Serve with chilled berry mixture.
220 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 3g
- Sodium: 260mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 45g
- Protein: 4g