Amaretto Nut Bars
Amaretto is a sweet almond-flavored Italian liqueur that can be used for baking or mixing up cocktails. Try it in these sweet bars. They're especially popular at parties or when given as hostess gifts.
Servings and Ingredients
|1 ¾ c.||plus 2 tbsp Hy-Vee all-purpose flour, divided|
|⅔ c.||Hy-Vee powdered sugar|
|¼ tsp.||Hy-Vee salt|
|¾ c.||Hy-Vee butter, cut up|
|6||Hy-Vee large eggs, lightly beaten|
|1 ½ c.||light-color corn syrup|
|1 c.||packed Hy-Vee brown sugar|
|½ c.||Hy-Vee butter, melted|
|¾ c.||almond liqueur, divided|
|2 c.||mixed nuts (without peanuts)|
|1 c.||whipping cream|
|2 tbsp.||Hy-Vee granulated sugar|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 13-by-9-by-2-inch baking pan with foil,* extending foil over edges of pan; set aside.
- For crust, in a medium bowl combine 1 3/4 cups flour, powdered sugar and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Pat crumb mixture evenly into prepared pan. Bake for 20 minutes or until light brown. Let cool.
- For filling, in a large bowl combine eggs, corn syrup, brown sugar, melted butter, 1/2 cup almond liqueur and remaining 2 tablespoons flour. Stir in nuts; pour filling over baked crust.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until golden brown and center is set. Cool in pan on wire rack. Cover and chill for several hours or overnight.
- For almond cream, in a chilled mixing bowl combine whipping cream, remaining 1/4 cup almond liqueur and granulated sugar. Beat with an electric mixer on medium until soft peaks form. To serve, top each bar with a dollop of almond cream.
- *Note: Using foil in the baking pan allows for easy removal and cutting of the bars, as well as quick clean up.
400 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 21g
- Cholesterol: 85mg
- Sodium: 80mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 46g
- Protein: 5g
Vitamin A 10%
Vitamin C 0%
Hy-Vee Seasons Fall 2014.