These gluten-free waffles are dairy-free and richly flavorful. The foundation is brown rice, coconut flour and a blend of almond milk and coconut. After cooking, drizzle waffles with maple syrup.
Servings and Ingredients
|1 ½ c.||whole grain brown rice flour|
|½ c.||coconut flour|
|1||(2 oz) pkg Hy-Vee slivered almonds, chopped|
|2 tbsp.||Hy-Vee granulated sugar|
|1 tsp.||Hy-Vee baking powder|
|½ tsp.||Hy-Vee baking soda|
|2||Hy-Vee large eggs, lightly beaten|
|2 ½ c.||almondmilk coconutmilk blend|
|2 tsp.||grated orange zest|
|2 tsp.||Hy-Vee vanilla extract|
|Hy-Vee 100% pure maple syrup, for serving|
- Lightly grease and preheat a regular or Belgian waffle baker according to manufacturer's directions.
- In a large bowl, stir together flours, almonds, sugar, baking powder and baking soda; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, almondmilk coconutmilk blend, orange zest and vanilla. Add all at once to the flour mixture; combine thoroughly.
- Add batter to preheated waffle baker. Close lid quickly and bake according to manufacturer's directions until waffle is golden brown.
- When done, use a fork to lift waffle off grid; keep warm on a wire rack in a 200-degree oven for up to 10 minutes.
- Repeat with remaining batter. If necessary, lightly coat waffle baker with oil between each waffle to prevent sticking. Serve warm with maple syrup.
- Note: Use leftover waffles to make toaster waffles. Cool waffles and place in an airtight container for freezing. Pop them into the toaster for a quick breakfast.
200 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 7g
- Cholesterol: 45mg
- Sodium: 220mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 27g
- Protein: 6g
Vitamin A 4%
Vitamin C 0%
Hy-Vee Seasons Holiday 2014.