These gluten-free waffles are dairy-free and richly flavorful. The foundation is brown rice, coconut flour and a blend of almond milk and coconut. After cooking, drizzle waffles with maple syrup.
Servings and Ingredients
|1 ½ c. whole grain brown rice flour|
|½ c. coconut flour|
|1 (2-oz.) pkg Hy-Vee slivered almonds, chopped|
|2 tbsp. Hy-Vee granulated sugar|
|1 tsp. Hy-Vee baking powder|
|½ tsp. Hy-Vee baking soda|
|2 Hy-Vee large eggs, lightly beaten|
|2 ½ c. almond milk coconut milk blend|
|2 tsp. grated orange zest|
|2 tsp. Hy-Vee vanilla extract|
|Hy-Vee 100% pure maple syrup, for serving|
Things To Grab
- Hy-Vee nonstick cooking spray
- Large bowl
- Medium bowl
- Wire rack
- Lightly grease and preheat a regular or Belgian waffle baker according to manufacturer's directions.
- In a large bowl, stir together flours, almonds, sugar, baking powder and baking soda; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, almondmilk coconutmilk blend, orange zest and vanilla. Add all at once to the flour mixture; combine thoroughly.
- Add batter to preheated waffle baker. Close lid quickly and bake according to manufacturer's directions until waffle is golden brown.
- When done, use a fork to lift waffle off grid; keep warm on a wire rack in a 200-degree oven for up to 10 minutes.
Repeat with remaining batter. If necessary, lightly coat waffle baker with oil between each waffle to prevent sticking. Serve warm with maple syrup.
Hyvee Culinary Expert TipExtra waffles? Not a problem! Cool leftover waffles to room temperature and place in an airtight container or individual plastic bags for freezing. For a quick breakfast pop extra waffles in the toaster.
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 7g
- Cholesterol: 45mg
- Sodium: 220mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 27g
- Protein: 6g