For superior flavor and texture with these yeast-leavened waffles, refrigerate the batter overnight. After cooking, shower waffles with a sugar-cinnamon mix for a taste like churros, a classic Mexican pastry.
Servings and Ingredients
|2 c. Hy-Vee all-purpose flour|
|¼ c. plus 1 tablespoon Hy-Vee granulated sugar, divided|
|2 tsp. active dry yeast|
|1 tsp. Hy-Vee salt|
|1 ¾ c. Hy-Vee whole milk|
|½ c. Hy-Vee unsalted butter, cut up|
|2 Hy-Vee large eggs|
|1 tsp. Hy-Vee vanilla extract|
|1 ½ tsp. Hy-Vee ground cinnamon|
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, 1 tablespoon sugar, yeast and salt; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, heat and stir milk and butter just until warm (120°F to 130°F) and butter is almost melted; whisk into flour mixture.
- In a small bowl, whisk together eggs and vanilla until combined. Add egg mixture to batter and continue to whisk until batter is smooth. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 12 hours or up to 24 hours.
- Lightly grease and preheat a waffle baker according to manufacturer's directions. (Use a regular or Belgian waffle baker.)
- For cinnamon-sugar blend, in a small bowl combine ¼ cup sugar and cinnamon; set aside.
- Add batter to preheated waffle baker. Close lid quickly and bake according to manufacturer's directions until waffle is golden brown. When done, use a fork to lift waffle off grid. Immediately coat waffle with cinnamon-sugar blend; keep warm on a wire rack in a 200° oven for up to 10 minutes. Repeat with remaining batter.
340 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 17g
- Cholesterol: 95mg
- Sodium: 380mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 40g
- Protein: 8g
Vitamin A 10%
Vitamin C 0%
Hy-Vee Seasons Holiday 2014