Servings and Ingredients
|1 large egg|
|water, at 70 to 80 degrees|
|2 tbsp. vanilla extract|
|½ c. vanilla yogurt|
|1 ½ tsp. butter or margarine, softened|
|3 tbsp. instant dry milk|
|4 tsp. sugar|
|1 tsp. salt|
|3 c. bread flour|
|¼ c. slivered almonds|
|1 ½ tsp. bread machine dry yeast|
|1 c. powdered sugar|
|1 to 2 tbsp milk|
|1 tsp. vanilla extract|
- Break egg into transparent liquid measuring cup. Add water to measure 2/3 cup. Add 2 tablespoons vanilla.
- Add egg/vanilla mixture and yogurt, butter, dry milk, sugar, salt, bread flour, almonds and dry yeast to bread machine pan in order suggested by manufacturer.
- Process in basic/white bread cycle at light-, medium-, or dark-color setting. Makes a 1-1/2 pound loaf.
- Remove baked bread from pan and cool on wire rack.
- Mix powdered sugar, milk and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract together for icing. Drizzle on cooled bread.