Tropical Poke Cake
Servings and Ingredients
|1 packet(s)||yellow cake mix, plus ingredients called for on the package|
|1||(15 oz) can crushed pineapple|
|1||(19 oz) jar Mrs. Richardson's hot fudge sauce|
|1||(3 oz) pkg instant vanilla pudding mix, plus ingredients called for on the package|
|1||(8 oz) container Cool Whip topping, thawed|
|1 c.||chopped pecans|
- Bake yellow cake mix as directed on package. When cake is removed from oven, poke holes in cake with a wooden spoon handle while cake is still hot.
- Boil pineapple and sugar for 1 minute. Pour over cake while still hot.
- Melt hot fudge sauce in microwave oven for 2 minutes, watching carefully so it does not boil over. Pour over cake and pineapple while still hot. Let cool.
- Top with sliced bananas.
- Prepare pudding mix as directed on package. Pour over the bananas.
- Spread Cool Whip over the pudding. Sprinkle pecans over Cool Whip. Sprinkle coconut over the pecans.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.