Triple Marinated Mushrooms
Servings and Ingredients
|1 lbs. medium mushrooms (about 30)|
|1 tbsp. red miso|
|2 tbsp. water|
|1 tbsp. mild vinegar|
|1 tsp. dark sesame oil|
|1 tsp. finely minced garlic (or 1/4 tsp powdered garlic)|
|1 tsp. finely minced fresh ginger (or 1/4 tsp powdered ginger)|
|¼ c. water|
|2 tbsp. chopped parsley|
- Carefully wash and trim mushrooms. If necessary, cut larger mushrooms into halves or quarters to make all mushrooms about the same size.
- In small bowl, combine miso, 2 tablespoons water, vinegar, sesame oil, garlic and ginger. Set aside.
- Put mushrooms and 1/4 cup water into a nonstick skillet and stir over medium heat until water has evaporated and mushrooms are beginning to darken.
- Pour the miso mixture over and cook about 30 seconds longer. Remove from heat.
- Pour mushrooms and their marinade into a dish. Allow to sit for 1/2 hour to absorb flavors.
- Place in serving dish, sprinkle with parsley and serve with toothpicks.
- Serve a larger portion as a first course, along with a slice of sourdough bread.
64 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 2g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 300mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 10g
- Protein: 4g
Iowa Soybean Promotion Board.