Create a citrus marinade for the salmon and gather your grill basket. Once the salmon has marinated and your veggies are chopped, simply throw the salmon and veggies on the grill for an easy meal.
Servings and Ingredients
|4 (5-to-6-oz. each ) fresh skin-on salmon fillets|
|6 navel oranges, divided|
|2 tbsp. fresh tarragon, finely chopped and divided|
|2 tsp. Hy-Vee ground black pepper, divided|
|1 tsp. Hy-Vee salt, divided|
|12 fresh broccolette spears, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces|
|1 medium yellow squash, cut into 1/4-inch slices|
|1 large red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1/4-inch slices|
|1 c. carrot chips|
|2 tbsp. Hy-Vee Select extra-virgin olive oil|
|1 romaine lettuce heart, halved lengthwise|
Things To Grab
- Shallow dish
- 2 small bowls
- Large bowl
- Grill basket
- Meat thermometer
- 4 serving plates
- Place salmon in a shallow dish; set aside.
- For marinade, zest and juice 4 oranges. In a small bowl, whisk together zest and juice, 1 tablespoon tarragon, 1 teaspoon black pepper and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Pour over salmon. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl toss together broccolette, squash, bell pepper and carrot chips. Zest and juice remaining 2 oranges. In a small bowl, combine zest and juice, olive oil and remaining 1 tablespoon tarragon, 1 teaspoon black pepper and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Add to vegetables, tossing to coat. Place romaine on top of vegetables. Cover and refrigerate until salmon finishes marinating.
- Fill basket with broccolette, squash, red bell pepper and carrot chips. Drain salmon, discarding marinade.
- Grease gas or charcoal grill rack and coat the inside of a grill basket with nonstick cooking spray.
- Prepare grill for direct grilling over medium heat.
Grill salmon, skin-side up, and vegetables for 8 to 12 minutes or until fish flakes with a fork (145 degrees) and vegetables are crisp-tender, turning each once halfway through. During the last 2 minutes, grill romaine halves to get a nice char. Remove romaine and halve again lengthwise. Divide romaine among 4 serving plates. Top with salmon, skin-side down, and vegetables.
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 13g
- Cholesterol: 65mg
- Sodium: 440mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 21g
- Protein: 33g