The trick to an extra-creamy cheesecake is to bake it in a water bath. Just use the easy method below.
Servings and Ingredients
|6 Hy-Vee large eggs, divided|
|1 ⅔ c. Hy-Vee sugar, divided|
|6 tbsp. Hy-Vee butter, cubed|
|3 c. finely crushed Hy-Vee graham crackers (about 40)|
|½ c. Hy-Vee butter, melted|
|4 (8 oz each) pkg Hy-Vee cream cheese, softened|
|2 tsp. Hy-Vee vanilla extract|
- For lemon curd, grate lemons for 1-1/2 teaspoons zest. Squeeze lemons for 1/2 cup juice; strain juice. In a medium heavy saucepan, whisk together 2 eggs, 2/3 cup sugar, 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon zest and 1/2 cup lemon juice. Add 6 tablespoons cubed butter. Cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, until lemon mixture thickens and bubbles all over. Strain mixture over a sieve, pushing it through with a spatula as needed. Cool.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. For crust, in a large bowl, stir together crushed graham crackers and 1/2 cup melted butter until crackers are moistened. Press mixture onto bottom and about 1 inch up the sides of a 9-inch spring form pan. Bake for 5 minutes or until edges are light brown. Cool on a wire rack. When cool, place crust-lined pan on a double layer of 18-by-12-inch heavy-duty foil. Bring edges of foil up and mold around sides of pan to form a watertight seal.
- Reduce heat to 325 degrees. For filling, in a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese with an electric mixer on medium speed for 3 minutes or until smooth. Gradually add remaining 1 cup sugar, beating until well blended. Add remaining 4 eggs, one at a time, beating on low just until combined. Beat in vanilla.
- Pour two-thirds of cheesecake mixture (about 4 cups) into crust-lined pan. Carefully spoon 1 cup lemon curd over top. Using a table knife, gently swirl cheesecake mixture and curd. Spoon remaining cheesecake mixture over top. Gently swirl remaining curd into cheesecake mixture.
- Place spring form pan in a large roasting pan. Pour enough boiling water into roasting pan to reach halfway up sides of spring form pan. Bake for 1 hour or until cake edges jiggle slightly when spring form pan is gently shaken. Turn oven off and leave cheesecake in oven, with door shut, for 60 minutes.
- Carefully remove spring form pan from water bath. Remove foil from pan. Cool cheesecake in spring form pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Using a small sharp knife, loosen the crust from sides of pan; cool for 30 minutes. Remove sides of pan; cool cheesecake completely on rack, about 1 hour. Cover and chill at least 4 hours before serving.
470 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 33g
- Cholesterol: 160mg
- Sodium: 300mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 39g
- Protein: 7g
Vitamin A 25%
Vitamin C 6%
Hy-Vee Seasons Summer 2014.