Summertime Sub Sandwich Kabob
Servings and Ingredients
|1||(16 oz) jar Hy-Vee sweet or dill pickles|
|1||(8 oz) pkg Cheddar cheese cubes|
|1 packet(s)||sliced salami|
|1 packet(s)||sliced ham|
|1 pt.||cherry tomatoes|
|½||medium green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch chunks|
|1||(5.75 oz) jar Hy-Vee green olives or 1 (6 oz) jar Hy-Vee black olives|
|1 packet(s)||hot dog or Coney buns|
|softened butter or margarine|
|2 tsp.||dill weed|
- Cut pickles into 1-inch chunks.
- Roll salami and ham slices into tight rolls. Cut each roll in half.
- Slide 1 pickle chunk, cheese cube, salami roll, ham roll, cherry tomato, green pepper chunk and olive onto a kabob stick. Add more ingredients depending on the size of the stick and your preference. Place in a recloseable plastic bag and refrigerate.
- Spread 1 side of hot dog or Coney bun with mustard and the other side with butter. Sprinkle with dill weed. Return buns to bag if not serving immediately.
- At serving time, place a sandwich kabob in a bun and slide out the stick.