Philly Super Sub
Servings and Ingredients
|1 loaves||bakery fresh Italian bread, not sliced|
|1||Hormel Always Tender fully cooked beef roast au jus meal|
|½||medium onion, sliced into thin rings|
|½||medium green pepper, sliced into thin rings|
|2 slice(s)||Hy-Vee mozzarella cheese|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice the loaf down the middle in a 1-1/2-inch wide "V" shape allowing 1 inch on each end of the loaf. Pull out the middle section. Hollow out loaf leaving one-half inch of bread around all edges.
- Cook beef according to directions for 7 minutes, then allow it to rest for 2 minutes. Shred meat with a fork. Set aside.
- Place green peppers, onion, shredded meat and top with mozzarella in loaf. Top fillings with the cut-out "V" bread top. Wrap in foil tightly, making sure the loaf is completely covered.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Allow it to rest for 3 to 5 minutes. Slice in sections of about 1 to 1-1/2-inch slices. Dip in au jus sauce or beef broth.