Spinach and Red Pepper Lasagna
Mixing silken tofu with the ricotta cheese not only adds protein, it also makes the lasagna filling extra creamy.
Servings and Ingredients
|1 tbsp.||Gustare Vita olive oil|
|1||small onion, finely chopped|
|3 clove(s)||garlic, finely chopped|
|1 tsp.||Hy-Vee dried oregano leaves|
|1 tsp.||Hy-Vee dried basil leaves|
|1||(14.5-oz.) can organic fire-roasted diced tomatoes, undrained|
|1||(28-oz.) can organic fire-roasted crushed tomatoes|
|2||(10-oz. each) pkgs. organic frozen chopped spinach|
|1||(16-oz.) pkg. silken tofu, drained|
|1||(15-oz.) container organic part-skim ricotta cheese|
|1||Hy-Vee large egg, beaten|
|½ c.||Hy-Vee grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese|
|1||(8-oz.) pkg. Hy-Vee shredded mozzarella cheese|
|¼ tsp.||kosher salt|
|¼ tsp.||freshly ground black pepper|
|9||Hy-Vee lasagna noodles, uncooked|
|2||(12-oz. each) jars roasted red peppers, drained|
Things To Grab
- Large saucepan
- Large bowl
- 13x9-inch baking pan
- Aluminum foil
- To make tomato sauce, heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until very soft, about 8 minutes. Stir in garlic, oregano and basil and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add tomatoes and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Cook spinach according to package directions, cool and squeeze out excess moisture. Set aside.
- Crumble drained tofu into a large bowl. Stir in ricotta and egg; stir until well combined. Stir in Parmigiano-Reggiano and 1-1/2 cups mozzarella cheese. Stir in salt and pepper.
- To assemble lasagna, cover bottom of a 13-by-9-inch baking dish with half the tomato sauce. Arrange 3 noodles on top of sauce. Cover noodles with half the red bell peppers. Cover with half the spinach. With the back of a spoon, gently spread half the cheese mixture on top of the spinach. Top with another layer of pasta and remaining peppers, spinach and cheese mixture. Cover with remaining 3 noodles. Spread remaining tomato sauce over the top. Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Uncover and sprinkle remaining mozzarella evenly over the top. Continue to bake until cheese is melted, about 15 minutes. Let rest 15 minutes before serving.
280 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 10g
- Cholesterol: 45mg
- Sodium: 680mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 28g
- Protein: 18g
Vitamin A 70%
Vitamin C 80%
Hy-Vee Seasons Health 2010