Mixing silken tofu with the ricotta cheese not only adds protein, it also makes the lasagna filling extra creamy.
Servings and Ingredients
|1 tbsp.||Hy-Vee Select olive oil|
|1||small onion, finely chopped|
|3||large cloves garlic, finely chopped|
|1 tsp.||Hy-Vee oregano|
|1 tsp.||Hy-Vee basil|
|1||(14.5 oz) can organic fire-roasted diced tomatoes, undrained|
|1||(28 oz) can organic fire-roasted crushed tomatoes|
|2||(10 oz each) pkg organic frozen chopped spinach|
|1||(16 oz) pkg silken tofu, drained*|
|1||(15 oz) container organic part-skim ricotta cheese|
|1||HealthMarket large egg, beaten|
|½ c.||grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese|
|1||(8 oz) pkg HealthMarket mozzarella cheese, shredded, divided|
|¼ tsp.||kosher salt|
|¼ tsp.||freshly ground black pepper|
|9||uncooked Hy-Vee lasagna noodles|
|2||(12 oz each) jars roasted red peppers, drained|
- To make tomato sauce, heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until very soft, about 8 minutes. Stir in garlic, oregano and basil and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add tomatoes and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Cook spinach according to package directions, cool and squeeze out excess moisture. Set aside.
- Crumble drained tofu into a large bowl. Stir in ricotta and egg; stir until well combined. Stir in Parmigiano-Reggiano and 1-1/2 cups mozzarella cheese. Stir in salt and pepper.
- To assemble lasagna, cover bottom of a 13-by-9-inch baking dish with half the tomato sauce. Arrange 3 noodles on top of sauce. Cover noodles with half the red bell peppers. Cover with half the spinach. With the back of a spoon, gently spread half the cheese mixture on top of the spinach. Top with another layer of pasta and remaining peppers, spinach and cheese mixture. Cover with remaining 3 noodles. Spread remaining tomato sauce over the top. Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Uncover and sprinkle remaining mozzarella evenly over the top. Continue to bake until cheese is melted, about 15 minutes. Let rest 15 minutes before serving.
- *To drain tofu, sandwich tofu between layers of paper towels. Place a cutting board on top of paper towels and put a heavy skillet on top. Let stand for at least 15 minutes, up to 1 hour. Replace paper towels when they get soggy.
280 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 10g
- Cholesterol: 45mg
- Sodium: 680mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 28g
- Protein: 18g
Vitamin A 70%
Vitamin C 80%
Hy-Vee Seasons Health 2010.