Red Pepper Shrimp
This stunningly simple shrimp pasta for two is even easier if you buy shrimp that's peeled and deveined.
Servings and Ingredients
|2 tbsp. Hy-Vee Select olive oil, divided|
|8 jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined, thawed if frozen|
|Hy-Vee kosher sea salt, to taste|
|Hy-Vee ground black pepper, to taste|
|½ bulb fennel, thinly sliced|
|½ (16-oz.) jar roasted red peppers, drained|
|½ large onion, finely chopped|
|1 tsp. garlic, minced|
|¼ c. Hy-Vee heavy whipping cream|
|¼ c. tomato, seeded and chopped|
|6 oz. Hy-Vee fettuccine, dry|
|Fresh fennel fronds, for garnish|
Things To Grab
- Large straight-sided skillet
- Paper towels
- Large pot
- Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in a large straight-sided skillet over medium-high heat. Season shrimp with salt and pepper. Add shrimp to skillet; cook for 3 minutes or until shrimp are opaque, turning once. Transfer shrimp to a platter and keep warm.
- Add remaining 1 Tbsp. oil to same skillet; heat over medium heat. Add fennel; cook until tender, stirring occasionally. Transfer fennel to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Add roasted peppers, onion and garlic to same skillet. Cook over medium heat until softened. Transfer mixture to a blender. Cover and blend until smooth. Return mixture to skillet; stir in cream, tomato and cooked fennel and shrimp. Simmer mixture while pasta is cooking.
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions; drain. Serve shrimp sauce over fettuccine. If desired, garnish with fennel fronds.
650 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 72 g
- Cholesterol: 90 mg
- Sodium: 670 mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 78 g
- Protein: 19 g
Vitamin A 120%
Vitamin C 140%