Tried and true, this is one of Hy-Vee's most requested recipes. Nothing fancy or complicated about it. Just really good—and simple—lasagna.
Servings and Ingredients
|1 lbs. ground beef|
|1 (26 oz) jar Hy-Vee traditional spaghetti sauce|
|1 (16 oz) package Hy-Vee lasagna, uncooked|
|2 (15 oz each) containers Hy-Vee ricotta cheese|
|2 c. Hy-Vee shredded mozzarella cheese, divided|
|¼ c. Hy-Vee grated Parmesan cheese|
|2 Hy-Vee large eggs|
|1 tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped|
|Hy-Vee salt and Hy-Vee pepper|
Things To Grab
- Large skillet
- Large bowl
- 9x13-inch pan
- Tin foil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet, brown meat over medium heat. Drain. Return meat to pan and add spaghetti sauce. Simmer 10 minutes.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain.
- In a large bowl, stir together ricotta cheese, 1-1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, eggs, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Spread about 1/2 cup of the meat mixture on the bottom of a 9-by-13-inch greased baking dish. Arrange 4 pasta pieces lengthwise over the sauce. Spread one-third of the cheese mixture over pasta. Top with about 1 cup of meat mixture. Repeat twice, beginning and ending with pasta. Top with remaining meat sauce and sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake 45 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Remove foil and bake an additional 10 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
470 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 18g
- Cholesterol: 125mg
- Sodium: 760mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 46g
- Protein: 33g
Vitamin A 15%
Vitamin C 10%
Hy-Vee lasagna label, Hy-Vee weekly ad from the week of March 6, 2013.