Bring 2 cups water and the cashews to boiling over high heat in a medium saucepan. Remove pan from heat and let cashews soak for 30 minutes.
Not your ordinary lasagna, this layered beauty is stacked with colorful veggies and dressed with a creamy cashew sauce. In fact, if you ever need to prepare a vegan dish, you can simply substitute the shredded mozzarella cheese with vegan cheese.
Servings and Ingredients
|1 c.||raw cashews|
|Hy-Vee nonstick olive oil cooking spary|
|1 tbsp.||Hy-Vee Select extra virgin olive oil|
|1 ½ tsp.||fresh garlic, minced|
|1 c.||sliced button mushrooms|
|1||large sweet potato or yam, about 12 oz, peeled|
|1||large red beet, about 6 oz|
|1||medium yellow summer squash, about 12 oz|
|1||large zucchini, about 1 lb. 4 oz, divided|
|1 c.||Hy-Vee extra-chunky garden vegetable pasta sauce|
|½ c.||Hy-Vee shredded mozzarella cheese or vegan cheese, divided|
Things To Grab
- Medium saucepan
- 2 rimmed baking pans
- Medium skillet
- 8x8x2-inch baking dish
- Cut sweet potato, beet, summer squash and a zucchini half with a mandolin into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Spray with cooking spray and place in a single layer on prepared baking pans. Bake vegetable slices 20 to 25 minutes or until tender. Remove pans from oven and set aside. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees. Meanwhile, use a spiralizer to slice remaining zucchini half.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Lightly coat two large rimmed baking pans with cooking spray.
Drain cashews, reserving 3/4 cup of the water. Add cashews and the 3/4 cup cashew water to a blender. Cover and blend 1 to 3 minutes or until smooth and thickened.
- Heat oil in a skillet over high heat. Add garlic and cook 30 seconds. Add mushrooms. Cook and stir for 3 minutes or until mushrooms begin to brown. Remove from heat. Stir cashew sauce into mushroom mixture.
- Coat a 8x8x2-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Spread 1/2 cup of pasta sauce on the bottom of dish. Add a layer of beets, followed by 1/2 cup cashew-mushroom sauce and 2 tablespoons mozzarella cheese. Continue by adding a layer of zucchini and sweet potatoes and then remaining 1/2 cup pasta sauce and 2 tablespoons mozzarella cheese. Add 1/2 cup cashew-mushroom sauce and a layer of yellow squash. Finish with remaining 1/2 cup cashew-mushroom sauce and remaining 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese. Top with spiralized zucchini.
- Bake for about 35 to 45 minutes or until heated through and bubbly. Let stand 30 minutes before serving.
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 8g
- Cholesterol: 5mg
- Sodium: 150mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 15g
- Protein: 5g