Shrimp Scampi Pizza
The best part about homemade pizza is you get to choose what goes on it. Think beyond the pepperoni and savor the flavors of a classic Italian pasta dish: shrimp scampi. On a pizza!
Servings and Ingredients
|1 tbsp.||Hy-Vee all-purpose flour|
|2||(6.5 oz each) pkg Hy-Vee pizza crust mix|
|1 c.||hot water|
|2 tbsp.||Hy-Vee Select olive oil|
|½ c.||chopped onion|
|6 clove(s)||garlic, minced, divided|
|½ c.||Hy-Vee creamy Alfredo sauce|
|½ c.||Hy-Vee grated Parmesan cheese|
|½ c.||chopped Italian parsley|
|½ tsp.||Hy-Vee kosher sea salt|
|½ tsp.||crushed red pepper flakes|
|1 lbs.||medium shrimp, peeled and deveined|
|1 tbsp.||fresh lemon juice|
|2 oz.||Asiago cheese, shredded (about 1/2 c.)|
|¼ c.||Hy-Vee shredded mozzarella cheese|
|Additional chopped Italian parsley, for garnish|
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Grease a large baking sheet; set aside.
- Prepare pizza crust mix according to package directions using 1 cup water; cover and let rest.
- While dough is resting, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook onion and 4 cloves minced garlic until softened. Using a slotted spoon, transfer onion and garlic to a bowl; reserve oil. Stir Alfredo sauce, Parmesan cheese, parsley, salt and red pepper flakes into onion mixture; set aside.
- In same skillet, heat reserved oil over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and remaining minced garlic. Cook just until shrimp turn opaque. Drizzle lemon juice over top. Remove from heat.
- Spread pizza crust dough onto prepared baking sheet into a 12-inch circle. Spread Alfredo sauce mixture over crust. Top with shrimp and garlic mixture. Sprinkle with Asiago and mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until crust is crispy and cheese is lightly brown. Garnish with additional chopped parsley.
440 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 16g
- Cholesterol: 120mg
- Sodium: 1380mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 49g
- Protein: 24g
Vitamin A 15%
Vitamin C 20%
Hy-Vee Seasons Summer 2015.