Shrimp Scampi Flatbread
The garlicky seared shrimp classic, known as scampi, makes an addictive topper for from-scratch flatbread.
Servings and Ingredients
|1 lbs. fresh or frozen medium shrimp in shells|
|1 ½ c. plus 1 tablespoon Hy-Vee all-purpose flour, divided|
|1 tsp. Hy-Vee baking powder|
|¾ tsp. Hy-Vee kosher salt, divided|
|¾ c. Hy-Vee sour cream|
|1 tbsp. water|
|¼ tsp. Hy-Vee black pepper|
|2 tbsp. Hy-Vee Select olive oil, plus more for drizzling|
|½ c. cherry tomatoes, halved|
|6 cloves garlic, minced|
|Hy-Vee crushed red pepper, to taste|
|½ c. dry white wine|
|1 ⅓ c. Hy-Vee shredded pizza cheese, divided|
|2 c. arugula or baby salad greens|
|2 tbsp. chopped fresh basil|
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Thaw shrimp if frozen. Peel and devein shrimp; cut in half lengthwise. Rinse shrimp and pat dry with paper towels; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine 1½ cups flour, baking powder and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Add sour cream and water, tossing with a fork. If necessary, add more water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until flour mixture is moist. Gather into a ball, kneading gently until dough is soft and smooth, about 2 minutes. Divide dough into four portions; wrap each portion in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll each dough portion from center to edges into a rectangle about 1/8 inch thick. Transfer to an ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 10 to 13 minutes or until dough bubbles up and is light brown, turning once. Remove flatbreads from oven; cover with a clean dish towel to keep warm.
- In a shallow dish, combine remaining 1 tablespoon flour, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and black pepper. Toss shrimp in flour mixture until coated. In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat. Add shrimp and cook for 1 minute. Stir in tomatoes, garlic and crushed red pepper. Cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add wine and simmer for 3 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half.
- Top each flatbread with 1/3 cup pizza cheese and one-fourth of the shrimp mixture. Return to baking sheet and bake for 3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top flatbreads with arugula and basil; drizzle with olive oil. Serve immediately.
560 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 24g
- Cholesterol: 200mg
- Sodium: 1420mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 43g
- Protein: 32g
Vitamin A 25%
Vitamin C 10%
Hy-Vee Seasons Holiday 2016