Soup, Chili & Stew
Roman Holiday Tomato Rice Soup
Servings and Ingredients
|½ c.||finely chopped onion|
|½ c.||finely chopped green bell pepper|
|2||(16 oz each) cans tomatoes, coarsely chopped and undrained|
|2 tsp.||Italian seasoning|
|⅛ tsp.||black pepper|
|¼ c.||sliced ripe olives|
|¼ c.||(2 ounces) chopped Canadian bacon or any extra-lean ham|
|⅔ c.||(2 ounces) uncooked instant rice|
- In a large saucepan sprayed with olive oil-flavored cooking spray, saute onion and green pepper for 5 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, place undrained tomatoes in a blender container. Cover and process on BLEND for 30 seconds.
- Add pureed tomatoes and water into saucepan with onion and green pepper. Mix well to combine.
- Stir in Italian seasoning, black pepper, olives, and Canadian bacon. Bring mixture to a boil.
- Stir in rice. Remove from heat, cover, and let sit for 5 minutes. Stir again just before serving.
30 meals, 30 minutes.