Soup, Chili & Stew
Barley Wild Rice Soup Mix (Gift in a Jar)
Servings and Ingredients
|½ c. dried pearl barley|
|2 tsp. Hy-Vee Italian seasoning|
|1 tsp. Hy-Vee lemon pepper|
|2 tbsp. Hy-Vee instant beef bouillon granules|
|1 tsp. dried minced garlic|
|½ c. Hy-Vee dried chopped onions|
|½ c. wild rice|
|¼ c. Hy-Vee dried green split peas|
|7 c. water|
- Place barley in a 1-pint jar with a tight-fitting lid.
- In a small bowl, combine Italian seasoning, lemon pepper, bouillon granules and minced garlic. Place in a resealable food storage bag. Place bag in jar.
- Add onion, rice and peas in layers.
- Cover top of jar with fabric. Attach gift tag and a copy of this recipe with ribbon.
- To prepare, place soup mix in a Dutch oven. Open and empty spice packet into soup mix. Add water. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat and simmer covered for 35 minutes or until rice is tender.
140 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 500mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 31g
- Protein: 5g
Vitamin A 0%
Vitamin C 6%