Soup, Chili & Stew
Great for holiday dinners! A warm mug of this soup makes a satisfying snack on a chilly day.
Servings and Ingredients
|4 c. peeled, seeded and cubed butternut squash|
|1 small onion, cut in wedges|
|1 Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored and cubed|
|4 c. water|
|1 tbsp. sugar|
|2 tsp. vegetable broth powder|
|½ tsp. rosemary, crushed|
|1 c. soymilk|
|seasoned dry bread crumbs, optional|
- Combine squash, onion, apple, water, sugar, vegetable broth powder and rosemary in a soup pot.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until squash is very tender, 30 to 40 minutes.
- Puree the soup in a blender until smooth.
- Return soup to the pot. Stir soymilk into soup and heat gently until warmed through.
- Serve topped with bread cubes, if desired.
109 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 224mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 24g
- Protein: 4g
Iowa Soybean Promotion Board.