Soup, Chili & Stew
Holiday Pumpkin Soup
Servings and Ingredients
|2 tbsp.||Hy-Vee Select olive oil|
|1||medium onion, chopped|
|½ c.||chopped celery|
|2 clove(s)||garlic, minced|
|1 ½ tsp.||dried thyme leaves|
|½ tsp.||dried sage leaves|
|1 tsp.||Hy-Vee salt|
|6 c.||Hy-Vee chicken broth or vegetable broth, divided|
|1||(29 oz) can pumpkin|
|Freshly ground Hy-Vee black pepper, to taste|
|8 tbsp.||Hy-Vee sour cream, for garnish|
|Caramelized Pumpkin Seeds, for garnish|
- In a large saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion, celery and garlic; cook and stir until onion is translucent and celery is soft, about 5 minutes. Stir in thyme, sage and salt.
- Stir in 4 cups broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in pumpkin; cover and simmer 10 minutes more.
- Carefully puree in several batches in food processor. Return to saucepan; stir in 1 cup broth. If soup is too thick, gradually stir in more broth until desired consistency is reached. Heat through. Season to taste with freshly ground black pepper.
- Ladle into serving bowls. Garnish with sour cream and Caramelized Pumpkin Seeds, if desired.
80 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 4g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 1030mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 10g
- Protein: 2g
Vitamin A 310%
Vitamin C 4%
Hy-Vee Seasons Fall 2010.