Raspberry Truffles (Get Cooking)
Servings and Ingredients
|1 ½ c. heavy cream|
|1 c. fresh raspberries|
|16 oz. 60% dark chocolate chips|
|Pinch of salt|
|½ c. unsweetened dutch-processed cocoa powder mixed with 2 tbsp powdered sugar|
- Place cream into small pot and bring to a simmer.
- Mash raspberries in a fine food strainer with back of a large spoon to release juice and pulp, but retain the seeds. Set juice aside and throw away seeds.
- Place chocolate chips in a bowl and pour hot cream over chocolate and let sit 5 minutes to melt and soften. Whisk chocolate until smooth and completely melted, then stir in raspberry puree.
- Transfer chocolate to a container with a lid and refrigerate at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Use a 1 tablespoon cookie scoop or melon baller to scoop out and shape the truffles. Give them a little roll in your palms and then coat them in the cocoa powder mixture.
- Mint Truffles: Omit raspberry puree; swap out 8 ounces of 60% chocolate for 8 ounces of Andes Crème de Menthe baking chips and continue according to directions above.
- Lavender Dark Chocolate Truffles: Steep 2 tablespoons dried lavender flowers in heavy cream for 10 minutes; remove lavender and continue according to directions above.
80 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 7g
- Cholesterol: 10mg
- Sodium: 0mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 6g
- Protein: 1g
Vitamin A 2%
Vitamin C 2%
Chef Andrew from Ankeny #1, KCCI-TV recipe, December 16, 2016.