Creamy vanilla filling, succulent berries and a scattering of almonds top this dessert pizza. A dusting of cinnamon-spiked sugar and a little lemon zest accent the fruity flavors. Pair with a Belgian Lambic beer or Chenin Blanc wine.
Servings and Ingredients
|2 c. fresh berries (blackberries, raspberries, blueberries, strawberries)|
|1 (6.5 oz) pkg Hy-Vee pizza crust mix|
|½ c. hot (not boiling) water|
|¼ c. Hy-Vee flour|
|½ c. mascarpone|
|¼ c. plus 2 tbsp Hy-Vee vanilla Greek yogurt|
|¼ c. Hy-Vee powdered sugar|
|¼ tsp. Hy-Vee vanilla extract|
|1 tbsp. Hy-Vee canola oil, divided|
|2 tbsp. cinnamon sugar|
|⅓ c. Hy-Vee sliced almonds|
|Grated zest of one lemon|
- Prepare a clean grill to medium heat. Rinse and thoroughly dry berries on paper towels.
- In a medium bowl, stir pizza crust mix and hot water. Knead in flour. Cover and let rest 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, stir together mascarpone, yogurt, powdered sugar and vanilla; set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 12-inch-diameter circle. Place on greased baking sheet. Brush with 1/2 tablespoon oil.
- Carefully transfer pizza dough, oiled-side-down, to hot grill grate. Brush top of crust with remaining 1/2 tablespoon oil. Grill 1 to 2 minutes or until bottom is golden and slightly charred, being careful not to burn. Using a pizza peel or large spatula, quickly flip crust; cook 1 to 2 minutes more or until golden.
- Remove crust to serving surface. Spread with mascarpone mixture and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Top with berries, almonds and lemon zest. Cut into squares and serve warm.
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 19g
- Cholesterol: 35mg
- Sodium: 200mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 29g
- Protein: 6g
Decadent Dishes on a Dime