Servings and Ingredients
|2 c.||Hy-Vee all-purpose flour|
|½ c.||Hy-Vee granulated sugar|
|1 tbsp.||Hy-Vee baking powder|
|½ tsp.||Hy-Vee salt|
|½ tsp.||Hy-Vee cinnamon|
|½ tsp.||Hy-Vee ground nutmeg|
|¼ tsp.||Hy-Vee ground cloves|
|¼ tsp.||Hy-Vee ground ginger|
|6 tbsp.||Hy-Vee unsalted butter, cold and cubed|
|½ c.||Hy-Vee canned pumpkin|
|5 tbsp.||Hy-Vee half-and-half, divided|
|1||Hy-Vee large egg|
|1 c.||Hy-Vee powdered sugar|
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a food processor, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and ginger. Pulse to combine. Add cold butter and pulse until mixture is the texture of cornmeal.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together pumpkin puree, 3 tablespoons half-and-half and egg. Add pumpkin mixture to flour mixture and pulse until just combined. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and gently knead 4 or 5 times to bring the dough together, then flatten into a circle 1-inch thick. Cut the dough into 6 wedges.
- Place the wedges onto prepared baking sheet and bake for 14 to 16 minutes, or until just starting to turn golden brown. Remove to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, combine powdered sugar and remaining 2 tablespoons half-and-half. Drizzle over cooled scones.
440 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 14g
- Cholesterol: 65mg
- Sodium: 490mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 72g
- Protein: 6g
Vitamin A 60%
Vitamin C 0%
Hy-Vee ad from October 13, 2013.