Time stops when these seasonal scones are on the table. Slow down, pour yourself a cup of coffee and break open one of these not-too-sweet treats for a lazy breakfast.
Servings and Ingredients
|3 c.||Hy-Vee flour|
|2 tbsp.||Hy-Vee granulated sugar|
|1 tbsp.||Hy-Vee baking powder|
|1||heaping tsp Hy-Vee cinnamon|
|1 tsp.||Hy-Vee ginger|
|½ tsp.||Hy-Vee nutmeg|
|1 tsp.||Hy-Vee salt|
|1 c.||cold Hy-Vee unsalted butter, cut into small cubes|
|½ c.||Hy-Vee canned pumpkin|
|½ c.||dates, chopped|
|2||Hy-Vee large eggs|
|1||Hy-Vee large egg , beaten, for egg wash|
|1 tbsp.||Hy-Vee 2% milk, for egg wash|
|1 c.||Hy-Vee powdered sugar|
|¼ c.||Hy-Vee Select pure maple syrup|
|1 tsp.||Hy-Vee vanilla extract|
Things To Grab
- Electric mixer
- Parchment paper
- Baking sheet
- Silicone pastry brush
- Small bowl
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, spices and salt. With mixer running on low speed, add butter and mix until butter is in pea-sized pieces.
- Combine pumpkin, buttermilk, dates and 2 eggs. Add to flour mixture; mix until just blended. Dough will be sticky.
- Turn dough onto a well-floured surface. Pat into a 10-inch-wide circle. Cut into 8 wedges. Place wedges on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Brush with egg wash.
- Bake 30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, whisk together powdered sugar, maple syrup and vanilla in a small bowl. Drizzle 1 tablespoon of glaze over each scone.
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 26g
- Cholesterol: 130mg
- Sodium: 560mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 71g
- Protein: 9g