French Toast with Maple-Banana Syrup
Servings and Ingredients
|3 tbsp.||Hy-Vee butter, divided|
|1||medium ripe banana, cut into 1/3-inch-thick slices|
|½ c.||Hy-Vee pancake and waffle syrup|
|2||Hy-Vee large eggs, beaten|
|½ c.||Hy-Vee skim milk|
|1 tbsp.||Hy-Vee sugar|
|1 tsp.||Hy-Vee vanilla|
|8||(1/2-inch each) slices Hy-Vee Baking Stone French Bread|
|¼ c.||Hy-Vee chopped pecans, toasted, optional|
- In a large skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat. Add banana slices and heat, stirring occasionally, for 1 minute. Stir in syrup. Remove from heat and let cool.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs, milk, sugar and vanilla. Dip bread slices into egg mixture, letting bread soak 10 seconds on each side.
- In a medium skillet or on a griddle, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat; add 4 bread slices. Cook 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Repeat with remaining butter and bread slices.
- Serve warm topped with syrup and, if desired, pecans.
340 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 11g
- Cholesterol: 115mg
- Sodium: 330mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 54g
- Protein: 8g
Vitamin A 10%
Vitamin C 4%
Hy-Vee Season Spring 2012.