Puff Pastry Cinnamon Rolls with Maple Glaze
Servings and Ingredients
|1 c.||brown sugar|
|¾ tsp.||cinnamon, plus more for sprinkling, if desired|
|2||sheets puff pastry, thawed|
|1||stick salted butter, melted, divided|
|1 ¼ c.||sifted powdered sugar|
|½ tsp.||maple extract|
|2 tbsp.||half and half, or milk|
|1 tbsp.||plus 1 tsp brewed coffee|
|Pinch of salt|
|½ c.||chopped pecans, if desired|
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Unfold one sheet of puff pastry onto clean work surface. Using a pastry brush, liberally brush dough with half stick of butter until completely covered. Sprinkle dough evenly with half of the brown sugar cinnamon mixture. Sprinkle with more cinnamon if desired.
- Repeat this process with the other piece of puff dough making sure to reserve 1 tablespoon of butter for glaze.
- For the maple glaze, mix powdered sugar, maple extract, half and half, reserved 1 tablespoon melted butter, coffee and salt until runny yet slightly thick; when you drizzle the icing back into the bowl, it should hold its shape briefly before falling back into the rest of it. If the icing is runny, add more powdered sugar. If it's too thick, add in more half & half.
- Combine brown sugar and cinnamon in a bowl and set aside.
- Tightly roll up the puff dough and cut into 6 even pieces.
- Place cinnamon roll pieces into a muffin tin that has been brushed with melted butter.
- Bake for 20 to 22 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Remove rolls from muffin tin and place on a plate.
- Drizzle icing over warm rolls and serve immediately. Top with chopped pecans, if desired.
180 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 10g
- Cholesterol: 20mg
- Sodium: 100mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 24g
- Protein: 1g
Vitamin A 4%
Vitamin C 0%
Chef Andrew from Ankeny #1