Green Tea and Peach Scones
Servings and Ingredients
|1 ¼ c. nonfat half-and-half|
|4 bags organic green tea|
|3 ½ c. all-purpose flour|
|½ c. Hy-Vee granulated sugar|
|2 tbsp. baking powder|
|½ tsp. ground ginger|
|⅛ tsp. ground cloves|
|1 stick (1/2 cup) Hy-Vee unsalted butter, very cold|
|1 large semi-firm peach, peeled, pitted and finely chopped|
|Raw (turbinado) sugar or granulated sugar|
- In a small saucepan heat half-and-half over high heat until just simmering. Remove from heat; add tea bags. Let stand until mixture is room temperature. Squeeze tea bags into mixture; discard tea bags.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl sift together flour, 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder, ginger and cloves.
- Using a large box grater, grate the cold butter into the dry flour mixture. Add chopped peach; mix lightly. Add the half-and-half mixture; mix until soft dough forms.
- Place dough on a lightly floured surface and knead 5 times. Roll dough to 3/4-inch thickness. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Using a 3-inch biscuit cutter, cut dough into rounds. Place rounds on a lightly greased baking sheet and sprinkle with raw sugar. Bake 15 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
200 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 6g
- Cholesterol: 15mg
- Sodium: 230mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 31g
- Protein: 4g