Servings and Ingredients
|2 ¾ c. Hy-Vee all-purpose flour|
|½ c. plus 3 tbsp Hy-Vee granulated sugar, divided|
|1 tbsp. Hy-Vee baking powder|
|½ tsp. Hy-Vee salt|
|6 tbsp. cold Hy-Vee unsalted butter, cut into bits|
|2 tbsp. freshly grated orange zest (from 1 medium orange)|
|2 tbsp. freshly squeezed orange juice|
|1 tsp. minced fresh ginger|
|2 c. cranberries, fresh or thawed from frozen|
|1 Hy-Vee large egg|
|1 large egg yolk|
|½ c. heavy whipping cream|
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a food processor, pulse flour, 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder, salt, butter, zest, orange juice and ginger until mixture resembles coarse meal and transfer to a large bowl.
- In a small bowl toss together cranberries and 2 tablespoons sugar. Stir into flour mixture.
- In another small bowl lightly beat whole egg and egg yolk; stir in cream. Add egg mixture to flour and cranberry mixture and stir until just combined. Dough will be very crumbly. On a well-floured surface with floured hands, pat dough into a 9-inch square. With a long knife dipped in flour cut into 3-inch squares. Arrange squares 1 inch apart on baking sheet. Sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon granulated sugar.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until light golden.
340 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 14g
- Cholesterol: 80mg
- Sodium: 330mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 49g
- Protein: 5g
Vitamin A 10%
Vitamin C 10%
Hy-Vee Seasons Holiday 2011.