Sweet Diana's Cornbread Stuffing
Servings and Ingredients
|2 (15 oz each) boxes Krusteaz natural honey cornbread|
|1 ⅓ c. Hy-Vee 2% milk|
|2 Hy-Vee large eggs|
|⅔ c. Hy-Vee vegetable oil|
|1 medium sweet onion, chopped|
|½ c. Hy-Vee dried cranberries|
|1 tbsp. Hy-Vee Select olive oil|
|½ c. sliced celery|
|⅓ c. chopped Hy-Vee dried apricots|
|½ c. toasted Hy-Vee chopped pecans|
|½ tbsp. fresh chopped sage|
|1 tbsp. poultry seasoning|
|1 (10.5 oz) can Hy-Vee cream of mushroom soup|
|1 (14.5 oz) can Hy-Vee chicken broth|
|½ c. Hy-Vee unsalted butter, melted|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare cornbread according to package directions using milk, eggs and vegetable oil and bake in greased jellyroll pan 20 to 25 minutes or until golden. Remove from oven; let cool.
- Meanwhile, in a small saute pan, sauté onion and cranberries in olive oil 3 to 4 minutes; add celery and cook until tender. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, crumble cornbread. Stir in apricots, pecans, sage, poultry seasoning and onion mixture.
- In a medium mixing bowl stir cream of mushroom soup, broth and butter. Gently add to cornbread mixture stirring just until the dry ingredients are moist. (Do not over mix.)
- Place into a greased baking dish and bake, covered, 30 to 35 minutes. Remove cover and bake another 10 minutes for a crispy top.
290 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 17g
- Cholesterol: 30mg
- Sodium: 410mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 32g
- Protein: 4g
Vitamin A 4%
Vitamin C 2%
Hy-Vee Seasons Fall 2010.