Chef Don's Cornbread Stuffing
Chef Don used gluten-free bread and broth to make this stuffing gluten-free, but there's no reason you couldn't use regular bread and broth.
Servings and Ingredients
|½ c.||plus 1 tbsp butter, divided|
|5 c.||crumbled gluten-free cornbread|
|1 c.||cubed gluten-free bread|
|2 c.||gluten-free turkey or chicken broth|
|½ c.||diced celery|
|1||medium onion, diced|
|2 tsp.||poultry seasoning|
|¼ tsp.||freshly ground black pepper|
Things To Grab
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut 1/2 cup butter into small pieces and place in a large mixing bowl. Add crumbled cornbread and cubed bread. Mix gently to combine. Add chicken or turkey broth; mix gently to combine.
- Melt remaining tablespoon butter in a small skillet. Add celery and onions. Sauté over medium heat until vegetables are soft, about 2 minutes. Add cooked vegetables to cornbread mixture; stir to combine.
- Add sage, poultry seasoning, salt, pepper and eggs to cornbread mixture. Mix well to combine. Stuffing mixture should be moist; add more broth, 1 tablespoon at a time as needed.
- Transfer to an ungreased 9-by-13-inch glass baking dish.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes until heated through and golden brown on top.