Cinnamon Streusel Scones
Servings and Ingredients
|½ c.||dried currants or raisins|
|6 tbsp.||packed brown sugar|
|2 tbsp.||butter or margarine, melted|
|1 tsp.||Spice Islands ground cinnamon|
|¼ tsp.||Spice Islands ground nutmeg|
|2 tsp.||granulated sugar|
|2 c.||all-purpose flour|
|¼ c.||granulated sugar|
|1 tbsp.||baking powder|
|½ c.||butter or margarine|
|⅓ c.||whipping cream|
|¼ tsp.||Spice Islands ground cinnamon|
- In small bowl, combine filling ingredients; set aside.
- In large bowl, combine flour, granulated sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. With fork, stir in eggs and cream until just moistened.
- On lightly floured surface, knead gently 8 to 10 times. Divide dough in half; pat each to 6-inch circle, about 1 inch thick.
- Place one circle on ungreased baking sheet; spread filling evenly on circle to within 1/2 inch of edge. Top with second circle; gently press edges to seal. Brush top with egg white.
- Combine 2 teaspoons granulated sugar and 1/3 teaspoon cinnamon; sprinkle over top.
- Cutting through top layer only, cut into 8 wedges.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into 8 sections. Serve warm.