Pumpkin Pistachio Bars
Gingersnap cookies add a punch of flavor to these pumpkin bars. Top with pistachios for a delicious crunch.
Servings and Ingredients
|8 oz. gingersnap cookies , broken|
|1 c. salted pistachios, divided|
|1 tbsp. plus 1 1/2 c. brown sugar, packed, divided|
|6 tbsp. Hy-Vee butter, melted|
|2 (1/4 oz each) envelopes unflavored gelatin|
|2 tbsp. water|
|2 (15 oz each) cans Hy-Vee pumpkin puree|
|4 oz. Hy-Vee cream cheese, softened|
|1 (12 oz) can Hy-Vee evaporated milk|
|1 ¼ tsp. Hy-Vee ground cinnamon|
|¼ tsp. Hy-Vee salt|
|½ tsp. Hy-Vee ground nutmeg|
|½ tsp. Hy-Vee ground ginger|
|⅛ tsp. Hy-Vee ground cloves|
|1 c. Hy-Vee heavy whipping cream|
|2 tbsp. Hy-Vee powdered sugar|
Things To Grab
- Food processor
- 9-by-13-inch baking pan
- Small bowl
- Large bowl
- Electric mixer
- Small saucepan
- Medium bowl
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- For crust, in a food processor combine gingersnap cookies and 1/2 cup pistachios. Cover; process until ground. Add 1 tablespoon brown sugar; cover and process until combined. With processor running, add melted butter in a thin, steady stream. Press in a 9-by-13-inch baking pan.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until set and starting to brown. Cool completely.
- In a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over water. Do not stir. Let stand 5 minutes; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat pumpkin and cream cheese until smooth; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine evaporated milk, 1 1/2 cups brown sugar, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg, ginger and cloves. Bring to simmering, Add gelatin mixture stirring until dissolved. Gradually pour milk mixture into pumpkin mixture, beating until smooth. Pour onto prepared crust. Cover and chill for a least 6 hours or until set.
- In a medium mixing, bowl beat whipping cream and powdered sugar on medium speed until soft peaks form (tips curl). Top each serving with whipped cream and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup pistachios.
230 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 13g
- Cholesterol: 30mg
- Sodium: 135mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 28g
- Protein: 4g
Vitamin A 90%
Vitamin C 2%
Hy-Vee weekly ad from the week of November 18, 2015.