Pumpkin Pecan Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting
Time to hit the dessert table! These pumpkin bars are topped with a healthy dose of cream cheese frosting and sprinkled with pecans to add a delightful crunch.
Servings and Ingredients
|4||Hy-Vee large eggs, lightly beaten|
|2 c.||Hy-Vee granulated sugar|
|1 c.||Hy-Vee canola oil|
|1||(15 oz) can Hy-Vee pumpkin|
|½ tsp.||Hy-Vee cinnamon|
|2 c.||Hy-Vee flour|
|1 tsp.||Hy-Vee baking powder|
|1 tsp.||Hy-Vee baking soda|
|1 c.||chopped Hy-Vee pecans|
|Cream cheese frosting|
|1||(8 oz.) pkg. Hy-Vee cream cheese, softened|
|½ c.||Hy-Vee margarine, softened|
|3 ½ c.||Hy-Vee powdered sugar|
|2 tsp.||Hy-Vee vanilla extract|
|Hy-Vee pecan halves, optional|
|Hy-Vee ground cinnamon, optional|
Things To Grab
- 10-by-15-inch jelly-roll pan
- Hy-Vee nonstick cooking spray
- Large bowl
- Electric mixer
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 10-by-15-inch jelly-roll pan; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, sugar, oil, pumpkin and cinnamon.
- Add flour, baking powder and baking soda; stir until smooth. Stir in chopped pecans.
- Pour into prepared pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 25 minutes. Cool bars completely.
- With a mixer, beat together cream cheese, margarine, powdered sugar and vanilla until smooth. Spread frosting over cooled bars. Garnish with halved pecans and additional cinnamon, if desired.
370 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 20g
- Cholesterol: 40mg
- Sodium: 160mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 45g
- Protein: 3g
Vitamin A 50%
Vitamin C 0%
Hy-Vee weekly ad from the week of November 16, 2016