Servings and Ingredients
|1 ⅔||to 2 c. sugar|
|1 c.||vegetable or canola oil|
|1||(15 oz) can pumpkin|
|2 c.||all-purpose flour|
|2 tsp.||baking powder|
|1||to 2 tsp ground cinnamon|
|1 tsp.||baking soda|
|1||(3 oz) pkg cream cheese, softened|
|½ c.||butter or margarine, softened|
|2 c.||sifted powdered sugar|
- For bars, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In mixing bowl, beat together eggs, sugar, oil and pumpkin until light and fluffy.
- Stir together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and baking soda. Fold into pumpkin mixture. Spread in ungreased 15-by-10-by-1-inch (jelly roll) baking pan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Cool before frosting.
- Frost and cut into bars. Refrigerate.
- To make cream cheese frosting, beat together cream cheese and butter. Stir in vanilla. Beat in powdered sugar, a little bit at a time, until mixture is smooth.