Pizza Bread or Muffins
Servings and Ingredients
|½ c. sun-dried tomatoes|
|2 ¼ c. all-purpose flour (2 c. if making muffins)|
|½ c. light Parmesan cheese|
|1 tbsp. sugar|
|½ c. ground flax seed|
|1 tbsp. baking powder|
|2 tsp. oregano leaves|
|½ tsp. salt|
|¼ tsp. black pepper|
|1 ¼ c. skim milk (1-1/2 c. if making muffins)|
|2 tbsp. canola oil|
|1 small tomato, diced|
|¼ c. diced green pepper|
|⅓ c. shredded mozzarella cheese|
- Cover sun-dried tomatoes with boiling water. Let stand for 10 minutes or until softened. Drain. Dice tomatoes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine sun-dried tomatoes, flour, Parmesan cheese, sugar, ground flax, baking powder, oregano, salt and black pepper.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together milk (amount varies for bread or muffins), oil and egg.
- Pour liquid ingredients into dry ingredients. Stir just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Pour batter into a well-greased 8.5-by-4.5-inch loaf pan, OR into prepared muffin cups.
- Sprinkle tomatoes, green pepper and mozzarella on top of batter.
- LOAF PAN: Bake bread for 55 to 60 minutes, or until wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- MUFFINS: Bake muffins for 25 minutes.
120 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 4g
- Cholesterol: 14mg
- Sodium: 180mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 17g
- Protein: 5g
Family Favourites Flax cookbook.