Servings and Ingredients
|1 c. shortening|
|3 c. sugar|
|5 tsp. baking soda|
|1 tbsp. salt|
|1 c. uncooked oats|
|1 c. Nabisco Shredded Wheat cereal|
|1 c. Kellogg's Bran Buds cereal|
|1 c. warm water|
|5 c. flour|
|1 qt. buttermilk|
- In a large mixing bowl, cream shortening, sugar, eggs, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In medium bowl, mix oatmeal, shredded wheat, bran buds and warm water.
- Add cereal mixture to creamed mixture. Add flour.
- Add buttermilk little by little. Batter will appear lumpy.
- Pour into cupcake papers. Bake at 400 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes.