Moist Bran Muffins
Servings and Ingredients
|1 ½ c.||100% wheat bran cereal|
|½ c.||boiling water|
|2||egg whites, lightly beaten|
|¾ c.||soy milk|
|2 tbsp.||soy oil|
|¾ c.||flour (may be all or part whole wheat)|
|¼ c.||soy flour|
|¼ c.||brown sugar|
|1 ½ tsp.||baking powder|
|½ tsp.||baking soda|
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Put cereal and raisins in a large mixing bowl and pour boiling water over them. Stir to mix, then allow to cool while preparing the remaining ingredients.
- Whisk together the egg whites, soy milk, applesauce, molasses and soy oil in a small mixing bowl.
- Sift together flour, soy flour, brown sugar, baking powder and baking soda.
- Stir applesauce mixture into the cereal mixture. Add the flour mixture and stir just to combine.
- Divide the mixture among 12 nonstick or lightly greased muffin cups.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 25 minutes, until a pick inserted into the center of a muffin tests clean.
- Remove muffins from pan and cool on a wire rack.
147 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 3g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 145mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 30g
- Protein: 4g
Iowa Soybean Promotion Board.