Servings and Ingredients
|1 packet(s) active dry yeast|
|¼ c. warm water|
|1 ½ c. white bread flour|
|2 c. whole wheat flour|
|½ c. soy flour|
|2 tsp. salt|
|1 ½ c. warm water|
|1 tbsp. soy oil|
|1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce|
|1 (6 oz) can tomato paste|
|2 tsp. oregano|
|2 tsp. basil|
|½ tsp. fennel seed, crushed|
|¼ tsp. red pepper flakes|
|1 lbs. mushrooms, sliced|
|2 medium onions, sliced|
|2 green bell peppers, seeded and sliced|
|2 medium zucchini, sliced|
|1 (7 oz) pkg soy sausage|
|6 oz. Mozzarella-style soy cheese, grated|
- Combine yeast and 1/4 cup warm water. Let sit until it starts foaming, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix together white flour, whole wheat flour, soy flour and salt.
- Combine 1-1/2 cup warm water and oil. Add yeast mixture. Pour this mixture into flour.
- Stir together with a heavy spoon. Turn out onto a floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic.
- Cover and let rise until double, about 1-1/2 hours. Punch down and let rise about 45 minutes more.
- Stir tomato sauce and tomato paste together in small saucepan. Add oregano, basil, fennel and red pepper. Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, for a few minutes.
- Saute mushrooms, onions, peppers and zucchini in nonstick pan until starting to brown. Add water, if necessary, to prevent sticking.
- Brown soy sausage in a nonstick pan.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Punch down dough and divide in two parts.
- Using your hands, spread each half of the dough to cover a 14-inch pizza pan (or cookie sheet).
- Spread sauce over pizzas. Divide the toppings and sprinkle over. Sprinkle cheese over top.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until crust is done. Cut each pizza into 8 pieces before serving.
195 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 4g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 575mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 32g
Iowa Soybean Promotion Board.