Pinwheel Sugar Cookie Pops
Servings and Ingredients
|1 pkg. Hy-Vee sugar cookie mix|
|1 stick butter, melted|
|1 Hy-Vee large egg|
|¼ c. flour|
|Green or red food coloring|
|1 tub Hy-Vee cream cheese frosting|
|Candy canes, unwrapped|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix sugar cookie dough according to package directions for cut-out cookies. Divide dough in half. Dye one half of dough with desired food coloring. Transfer both dough halves to the refrigerator to chill.
- One half at a time, roll out cookie dough between two pieces of parchment paper to ¼-inch thick. Chill.
- Remove top layers of parchment. Invert colored dough onto white dough. Beginning on one edge, roll the doughs up to make a log. Chill.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Remove dough log from the refrigerator and slice into ¼-inch rounds. Place rounds on baking sheet and bake 7-9 minutes, making sure edges do not burn. Remove cookies from oven and let cool slightly on baking sheet, then remove and place on a wire rack.
- After cookies have cooled, frost the bottoms of two cookies. Press a candy cane into frosting on one cookie, then top with second frosted cookie to create a sandwich with a candy cane stick. Repeat until all cookies are frosted and joined with a candy cane.
- Lay cookie sandwiches flat on a baking sheet and chill until frosting stiffens and candy cane is secure.
Hy-Vee weekly ad from the week of December 21, 2016