Chef's Tip: Add caramel and whipped cream!
Servings and Ingredients
|1||(3 oz) pkg cream cheese, softened|
|½ c.||Hy-Vee margarine, softened|
|1 c.||Hy-Vee all-purpose flour|
|¾ c.||packed Hy-Vee brown sugar|
|1 tsp.||Hy-Vee vanilla extract|
|⅔ c.||Hy-Vee pecan pieces, plus additional as needed|
|1 tbsp.||Hy-Vee butter, softened|
|1||Hy-Vee large egg|
- Combine cream cheese, margarine and flour. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls. Press into mini muffin tins.
- To make filling, combine brown sugar, vanilla, 2/3 cup pecans, butter and egg. Spoon 1 teaspoon into each mini muffin cup. Sprinkle with additional pecan pieces.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool briefly in muffin tins before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.
Hy-Vee weekly ad from the week of December 2, 2015.