Pumpkin Pecan Layer Pie
It's a pie topped with a layer of butter pecan cake and fluffy cream cheese frosting. That's right, pie and cake and frosting.
Servings and Ingredients
|1 (15 oz) can Hy-Vee pumpkin|
|1 (12 oz) can Hy-Vee evaporated milk|
|1 c. Hy-Vee granulated sugar|
|2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice, divided|
|3 Hy-Vee eggs|
|2 (9 oz each) graham cracker crusts|
|1 (18 oz) package butter pecan cake mix, divided|
|1 c. Hy-Vee chopped pecans, divided|
|1 c. Hy-Vee margarine, melted, divided|
|1 (16 oz) container Hy-Vee cream cheese frosting|
|2 c. Hy-Vee light whipped topping, thawed|
- Stir pumpkin, evaporated milk, sugar, 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice and eggs together in a large mixing bowl.
- Pour half of the pumpkin mixture into each piecrust. Sprinkle half of the cake mix over pumpkin in each pie.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup pecans on each pie.
- Pour half of the melted margarine over pecans in each pie.
- Bake pies at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. Allow pies to cool.
- Meanwhile, stir together frosting and whipped topping.
- When pies are completely cool, top each with half of the frosting mixture.
- Sprinkle frosting with remaining spice and top with 1/4 cup pecans. Refrigerate leftover pie.
460 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 24g
- Cholesterol: 65mg
- Sodium: 510mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 53g
- Protein: 9g
Vitamin A 110%
Vitamin C 2%
Hy-Vee Seasons Fall 2007.