Grandma's Pecan Tassies with Bourbon Cream and Caramel (Get Cooking)
Servings and Ingredients
|1 packet(s) refrigerated Hy-Vee pie dough, at room temperature|
|1 large egg|
|¾ c. packed light brown sugar|
|1 tbsp. melted butter|
|1 tsp. vanilla extract|
|½ c. pecans, finely chopped|
|1 c. heavy cream|
|2 tbsp. powdered sugar|
|1 tbsp. bourbon|
|1 tsp. vanilla|
|½ c. caramel sauce, warmed|
|20 candied pecans|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 24-cup mini-muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Using a 2-inch-round cutter, cut out 20 discs from the pie dough. Place each disc in the greased mini muffin tin. Reserve scraps for another use or discard.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the egg, brown sugar, melted butter, vanilla and salt until smooth. Set aside.
- Spoon 1 teaspoon of the pecans into each muffin cup. Fill each cup with the egg mixture until evenly distributed, about 1/2 tablespoon in each.
- Bake until the filling is set and crusts are golden brown, about 25 minutes. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes, and remove from the muffin pan.
- In a mixing bowl, whip cream until soft peaks form. Add powdered sugar, bourbon and vanilla and whip until stiff peaks form.
- Serve tassies with a drizzle of caramel sauce, a dollop of whipped cream and a candied pecan.
180 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 11g
- Cholesterol: 15mg
- Sodium: 80mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 19g
- Protein: 1g
Vitamin A 4%
Vitamin C 0%
Chef Andrew from Ankeny #1, KCCI-TV recipe, November 11th, 2016.