Apple Pecan Coffee Cake with Caramel (Get Cooking)
Servings and Ingredients
|1 ½ c.||chopped pecans|
|½ c.||butter, melted|
|⅓ c.||brown sugar|
|1 ½ tsp.||apple pie spice|
|4||Granny Smith apples, peeled and small diced|
|1 tsp.||apple pie spice|
|½ c.||salted butter, softened|
|2 tsp.||baking powder|
|½ tsp.||baking soda|
|Prepared caramel sauce, for serving|
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease a 9 3/8-by-4-inch angel food pan with removable insert and set aside.
- To make Streusel, combine flour, oats, pecans, butter, brown sugar, sugar, apple pie spice and salt. Set aside.
- To make the Cake, in a saute pan, melt 3 tablespoons butter and add apples; saute until slightly soft. Stir in apple pie spice and salt. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the softened butter and sugar until light. Stir in eggs and vanilla until fully combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Alternate adding the dry ingredients and buttermilk to the egg mixture, finishing with the buttermilk.
- Pour half of the batter in the prepared pan and spread evenly on the bottom. Top with half of the sautéed apples and half of the streusel mixture. Add the remaining batter and spread around pan until even. Top with the remaining sautéed apples and streusel mixture.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Check at 50 minutes. Cover with foil if the streusel is browning too much.
- Allow to cool. Slice and serve drizzled with caramel sauce.
620 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 35g
- Cholesterol: 100mg
- Sodium: 440mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 72g
- Protein: 8g
Vitamin A 15%
Vitamin C 8%
Chef Andrew from Ankeny #1, KCCI-TV recipe, October 28, 2016.