Pecan Pie Surprise Bars
Servings and Ingredients
|1 packet(s) yellow cake mix with pudding|
|⅓ c. margarine or butter, softened|
|½ c. firmly packed brown sugar|
|1 ½ c. dark corn syrup|
|1 tsp. vanilla|
|1 c. chopped pecans|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9-by-13-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Reserve 2/3 cup cake mix. Set aside.
- Beat remaining dry cake mix, margarine and egg on low speed of mixer until combined. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until light golden brown.
- For filling, combine reserved 2/3 cup cake mix, brown sugar, corn syrup, vanilla and 3 eggs on low speed of mixer until moistened. Beat 1 minute on medium speed of mixer until combined. Spread over warm base. Sprinkle with pecans.
- Return pan to oven and bake an additional 30 to 35 minutes or until filling is set.
- Cool completely. Cut into bars. Store in refrigerator.