Peanut Butter and Jelly Biscuit Donuts
Servings and Ingredients
|2 qt.||peanut or vegetable oil|
|1||(7.5 oz) tube refrigerated Hy-Vee buttermilk biscuits|
|¼ c.||Hy-Vee peanut butter|
|1 ½ c.||Hy-Vee powdered sugar|
|¼ c.||whole milk|
|1 c.||Hy-Vee jam (raspberry, strawberry, or grape)|
- Heat the peanut oil over high heat in a large Dutch oven fitted with a fry/ candy thermometer. Bring the oil to 350 degrees F. Keep an eye on it as it is easy to exceed the target temperature. When you reach 350 degrees F, back off the flame a bit.
- Open the tube of biscuit dough and fry 3 to 4 at a time for 1-2 minutes per side. When the cold dough hits the fat, the temperature is going to fall quickly, so you will want to boost the heat and keep an eye on the thermometer.
- Remove the biscuit donuts to a paper towel lined plate or cookie sheet and cool for 2 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the peanut butter, powdered sugar, salt, and whole milk. You can adjust the consistency with a touch more milk, to thin, or powdered sugar, to thicken.
- Fill a pastry bag or squeeze bottle with the jam of choice. Using a wooden skewer, poke two holes in the sides of the donut opposite of each other. Inert the jam into the side of the donut and gently squeeze some in. Flip the donut around and squeeze more jam into the opposite side.
- Dunk the donuts into the peanut butter glaze and let set.
- These are best served the same day.
1730 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 177g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 220mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 39g
- Protein: 3g
Vitamin A 0%
Vitamin C 4%
Chef Andrew from Ankeny #1