Peach and Oat Cobbler
Create your own homemade peach cobbler with a whole-grain oat topping. Want to make this recipe even easier?
Make our Peachy Keen Filling in advance and then just add the oat topping and bake.
Servings and Ingredients
|½ c. whole-grain oat flour|
|½ c. Hy-Vee all-purpose flour|
|⅓ c. plus 2 tbsp Hy-Vee sugar|
|1 ½ tsp. Hy-Vee baking powder|
|⅛ tsp. Hy-Vee salt|
|3 tbsp. Hy-Vee butter|
|¼ c. peach nectar|
|1 tbsp. Hy-Vee lemon juice|
|2 tbsp. Hy-Vee cornstarch|
|2 (16 oz each) bags frozen sliced peaches|
|⅓ c. Hy-Vee skim milk|
|Natural sugar crystals (Turbinado sugar), if desired|
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease a 9-inch square pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- For topping, combine flours, 2 tablespoons sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter with pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Set aside.
- For filling, combine peach nectar, 1/3 cup sugar, lemon juice and cornstarch in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil; add peaches, stirring to combine. Pour into prepared pan.
- Stir in milk to topping mixture, stirring until just moistened. Using spoons, drop topping into small mounds onto filling. Sprinkle with natural sugar crystals, if desired.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted into topping comes out clean.
180 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 4.5g
- Cholesterol: 10mg
- Sodium: 130mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 33g
- Protein: 3g
Vitamin A 8%
Vitamin C 180%
Hy-Vee Seasons Healthy Living Recipes Cookbook.