Jen's Peach Cobbler Makeover
Servings and Ingredients
|5 peaches, peeled and sliced**|
|¾ c. whole wheat pastry flour|
|2 tbsp. wheat germ|
|½ tsp. nutmeg|
|½ tsp. salt|
|¼ c. butter, melted|
|2 tbsp. plain Chobani Greek yogurt|
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Once peaches are sliced, add them to 6 ramekins or 9-inch baking dish. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, add whole wheat pastry flour, wheat germ, nutmeg and salt. Top with melted butter and Greek yogurt. Stir well to form a dough.
- Top peaches with butter mixture, layering evenly so peaches are mostly covered. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool 5 to 10 minutes before eating. Serve with a dollop of lite whipped topping or vanilla yogurt.
- **To peel peaches, boil water in large sauce pan. Once water is boiling, gently add washed peaches to the water and let them simmer for 30 seconds. Carefully remove the peaches from the boiling water to a bowl to cool slightly enough to handle. Skin is easily removed after this blanching process.
280 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 9g
- Cholesterol: 20mg
- Sodium: 170mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 49g
- Protein: 4g
Vitamin A 15%
Vitamin C 15%
Jen Haugen, RD, Austin (MN) Hy-Vee.