After indulging in this for dinner, you'll wonder how such a simple dish can be so satisfying and filling. The main ingredients are sage stuffing, Italian sausage, celery, gravy and fried sage.
Servings and Ingredients
|½ lbs.||Italian sausage|
|1||(6 oz) box sage stuffing mix|
|1 c.||chopped celery|
|2 tsp.||Hy-Vee Select olive oil, divided|
|6||Hy-Vee large eggs|
|2 tbsp.||chopped fresh sage|
|1||(12 oz) jar pork gravy, heated|
|Hy-Vee black pepper, to taste|
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray an 8-by-8-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray; set aside
- In a medium skillet, brown sausage; set aside.
- In a bowl, mix stuffing with water. Add celery and cooked sausage. Spread stuffing mixture in prepared pan. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown on top; set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 teaspoon of olive oil over medium heat. Crack the eggs into skillet; cook until whites are set but yolks are still runny, about 3 minutes. Remove eggs from skillet. Fry sage in hot skillet with an additional teaspoon of olive oil for 5 seconds; remove with slotted spoon.
- Divide stuffing into 6 portions. Place stuffing on each of 6 plates; spoon 1/4 cup gravy over each serving of stuffing. Place fried egg on top of stuffing and gravy. Sprinkle with fried sage and black pepper.
310 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 19g
- Cholesterol: 215mg
- Sodium: 970mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 17g
- Protein: 15g
Vitamin A 8%
Vitamin C 2%
Hy-Vee Seasons Fall 2013.