Can't get enough cranberries? Good! They're the centerpiece of this stuffing packed with sweet Hawaiian bread, tart apples and crisp peppers.
Servings and Ingredients
|2 c. Hy-Vee chicken broth|
|1 c. Hy-Vee dried cranberries|
|¼ c. Hy-Vee unsalted butter|
|1 medium onion, chopped|
|1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped|
|1 c. chopped celery|
|2 Granny Smith apples, cored and finely chopped|
|3 Hy-Vee large eggs|
|½ tsp. Hy-Vee salt|
|¼ tsp. Hy-Vee ground black pepper|
|1 (10.75 oz) can Hy-Vee cream of celery soup|
|½ tsp. Hy-Vee ground cinnamon|
|8 c. cubed Hawaiian sweet bread, toasted|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9-by-13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine chicken broth and cranberries; soak for 30 minutes.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion, bell pepper and celery. Cook 5 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently. Add apples and continue to cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and place in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, beat 3 eggs. Add salt and pepper; set aside.
- Combine chicken broth mixture, onion mixture, celery soup and cinnamon. Add toasted bread, stirring gently to combine. Add egg mixture. Spoon into prepared dish and bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until center is set.
430 Calories per serving
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Fat: 21g
- Cholesterol: 120mg
- Sodium: 740mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 51g
- Protein: 9g
Vitamin A 25%
Vitamin C 50%
Hy-Vee chefs, Hy-Vee weekly ad from the week of November 11, 2015.